As the road continues we move to the final week of January and things continue to grow and change as we progress with the year. As I mentioned previously things started off slow with the WWE installment before things started clicking for me as the installment came to a close. Now I hope for the same thing with this edition of the series as it would make things extremely more worth it. Below are some high points of the show:
- Tensions continue to mount between Hollywood Hogan & Kevin Nash
- Announcer's Give us an Update on Ric Flair's condition following Sold Out
- The Steiner's defend their newly won Tag Team Titles against Harlem Heat
- Bret Hart issues an Open Challenge to anyone on the WCW Roster and tells Macho Man to pay close attention
- Old Wounds are reopened as a once Prominent feud Main Event's Nitro for the First Time Since 1997
We have arrived at our first PPV of the new year and our first stop on what promises to be a bumpy year long ride for the WCW. It took a little while for things to get under way with the WWE How I Would and the same can be said for this one as well. Keep in mind I have a lot more time with this installment of the series then I did with the WWE so more of a chance to make things work before I squash them. To put a halt on my rambling let's instead get to the card:
WCW/NWO Sold Out:
Harlem Heat vs Jim Neidhart & Davey Boy Smith
WCW United States Championship Open Challenge Match:
(c) Diamond Dallas Page vs ???
Ray Traylor vs Steve McMichael
WCW World Tag Team Championship Match:
(c) Faces of Fear w/ Jimmy Hart vs The Steiner Brothers w/ Ted DiBiase
Ric Flair vs Buff Bagwell
WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match:
(c) Eddy Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio Jr.
WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match:
(c) Sting vs Kevin Nash
This my friends is the go home show for WCW Nitro before we hit the first PPV of 1998. Our first PPV is Sold Out and though it might be a weak show it is the first PPV and things will get better as the year goes on. Things are still coming together and intentions are becoming clear as 1998 is still just beginning. For this edition of Nitro below are some high points:
- Bret Hart & Randy Savage come face to face for the first time since Starrcade
- The mystery continues as another close friend of Ric Flair's is taken out
- Where is Hollywood Hogan and when will he be back
- Is the NWO breaking up or just having growing pains
- What is Eric Bischoff talking about when he confronts The Outsiders in the middle of the ring
Note: WCW Sold Out will be the next video!!!
The second Nitro of 1998 as we move further into the new year things continue to grow and change from how they really were and become How I Would Book it. As we look at another week of action from WCW we tensions continuing to grow:
- For the first time since Starrcade Eric Bischoff goes face to face with Kevin Nash
- Ric Flair returns from his injuries after being assaulted at Starrcade
- The Feud continue between the Faces of Fear & The Steiner Brothers
- Diamond Dallas Page makes his first appearance since winning the United States Championship
- The #1 Contender for the Cruiserweight Championship is crowned
Due to a change in plans this is installment of the How I Would Book it series will be different then first expected, but will still keep going for as long as first announced. Now onto the good stuff:
- With the appearance of The Hitman at Starrcade it has the top talents in WCW ready to defend their position against the "intruder" from up north.
- Things are still being sorted out after tensions reach the breaking point at Starrcade between NWO members Kevin Nash & Hulk Hogan.
- After a private conversation between Scott Hall & Eric Bischoff that leaves us wondering what is going on
- Also on Nitro you will see the new United States Champion DDP in action as well as the New Television champion Chris Benoit & Roddy Piper in action.
The journey begins at Starrcade 1997 where old feuds come to a close and new seeds planted as the new year gets ready to begin. Are you willing to take a trip through history with me as I rebook the past once again. Below is the card I ran for Starrcade 1997:
15 Man Battle Royal to Determine the Number 1 Contender for the WCW TV Title
WCW Cruiserweight Title Match:
(c) Eddy Guerrero vs Dean Malenko
Raven vs Ray Traylor
Steve McMichael vs Goldberg
Booker, T vs Davey Boy Smith
WCW Television Title Match:
Chris Benoit vs (c) Perry Saturn
WCW United States Title Match:
(c) Curt Hennig w/ Rick Rude vs Diamond Dallas Page
WCW Tag Team Title Match:
(c) The Steiner Brothers w/ Ted DiBiase vs Face of Fear w/ Jimmy Hart
WCW World Title Match:
(c) Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs Sting
It's time once again for the start of another installment of the How I Would Book it series. This time we jump back in time to really near the beginning of a certain era of attitude. However, we wont be on that side of the war, for this installment we will be on the other side of the war. Join me as we return to the exact date that things started to go south for WCW and allow me to show you How I Would have booked it. So we are starting in December of 1997 at Starrcade, and will keep going until Starrcade 1998. For this installment I am looking to completely rebook the entire year of 1998 in the WCW, because in my opinion 1998 was the year the ship began to sink. My question is will join me on the wrestling time machine as we journey back to the year 1997 as I show How I Would Booked the WCW in the year 1998.
After nearly 3 months of recording all the parts for this installment of the How I Would Book it has officially come to a close with this finale of the WWE installment. In general this has been an exciting installment for me as this was first to be exclusively on YouTube and honestly I think it worked out quite well. As this installment comes a close we to the future and trying to figure out what the next installment of the How I Would Book it series might be. I hope you enjoyed the first modern How I Would Book it and I hope your looking forward to the next one as much as I am.
Please feel free to let me know feedback on the videos in general or even let me know what you might like to see as the next installment of the How I Would Book it series. Thanks for the continued support and enjoy the video provided.
The time has finally arrived for almost the last three months in real life time we have been building to this event. The biggest event of WWE's Calendar year is finally here. All of the big rivalries come to ahead tonight and all the questions will be answered. This show will have some surprises and maybe some shocking wins and loses; my one goal is that it live up to even half of the name of WrestleMania. Below is the card for the Biggest event of the year:
WWE World Tag Team Title Match:
(c) Uso Brothers vs The Dudley Boys
Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins
WWE Divas Title Match:
Brie Bella vs (c) AJ Lee vs Paige vs Nikki Bella
Triple H vs Sting
The Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt
WWE United States Title Match:
(c) Rusev w/ Lana vs Kurt Angle
WWE Intercontinental Title Match:
(c) Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan
Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens
WWE World Heavyweight Title Match:
(c) Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman vs Roman Reigns