Roster Foundation: AJ Styles
The series that at one time was designed entirely for Global Force Wrestling as a way to get to more attention on GFW and give them some more content. Now with the tides changing for both TNA & Ring of Honor they both need more content so I figured why not bring back the old series.
For those who may not remember I take a look back at one of the founding fathers of TNA Wrestling in the "Phenomenal One" AJ Styles. Now many fans may forget how deeply engrained AJ was in the history of TNA as his tenure with the company goes all the way back to the very first show in June of 2002 when he fought in the opening match. That's right AJ was with TNA for a little over 10 years and won the TNA title twice and the NWA World title on three occasions. Below is a list of AJ accomplishments with the company:
- Two Time IWGP World Champion
- One time ROH Pure Champion
- One time ROH Tag Team Champion
- Three time NWA World Heavyweight Champion
- Four time NWA World Tag Team Champion
- Two time TNA Television Champion
- Two time TNA World Champion
- Two time TNA World Tag Team Champion
- Six time TNA X-Division Champion
- First TNA Triple Crown Winner
- First TNA Grand Slam Winner
- Ranked Number 1 on the PWI 500 in 2010
As of January 2016 it became official that Styles was now apart of the WWE. This means that AJ has the change to become one of a very small number of people carry the IWGP, TNA, and WWE World Championships. There is no doubt in my mind that before AJ hangs up his boots he will have more achievements to add to already extensive list of great achievement for what has been an awesome career so far.
Leave a Reply.
The one stop shop for all things TNA Wrestling. At first you may not agree, but every now & again you might be surprised.
About Wrestling Express
Join Our Team
Stay Connected with Wrestling Express