As of this writing though the WWE has yet to officially offer contracts to talents whom are thought to be recruits for the next Performance Center class which begins in the Fall. In the past the new performance center class has brought us the likes of Apollo Crews, Biff Busick, Rich Swann, and a variety of others.
The top three names that have been heavily rumored to be heading to the WWE in the near future as the newest recruits for the Performance Center those names are Moose, Big Damo, and top UK Star Tommy End. At this point right now none of those previously mentioned names have been offered contracts as of yet, but it is expected that they will in the near future. As of this writing things may have changed as far as Moose and his status with Ring of Honor by possibly resigning with the company.
It is believe that two of them or all three of them will undergo medical testing in the near future, which will be part of the process toward offering them deals. WWE is also said to be interested in numerous other Indy talents and will be pursuing a variety of other Indy talent to fill out the NXT roster especially following the promotion of 10-12 roster members following the draft.
I don't know about you all but I am very much looking forward to the July 19 edition of Smackdown not because it is the first live show, but because I always was a big fan of the WWE Draft. In my book having two separate brands is what is best for business as it gives both shows a different identity and feel from the other and I for one believe that each show having an identity is very important.
As of this writing we are around 3 weeks away from the draft and the night that WWE will change again. But that's not the only thing that will change as the PPV schedule is set to change as well. For those who may not be aware back during the original brand split from 2002-2007ish the two brands would have alternating PPV's as in Raw would have a PPV and then Smackdown would have one the following months. Honestly I believe this also helped the ratings for the show as it forced the company to put better shows on TV due to having more of a gap between each PPV. But as we have learned not everything will be the same this time around as it was last time.
It seems as though the WWE will be adding another 12 PPVs to the calendar as they will be giving both brands one PPV a month. How I see this I think that they are just finally taking advantage of the fact that they have the WWE Network and really don't so much have to worry about PPV buy rates anymore or as much as they used to. Looking at the PPV calendar you will notice a lot of old PPVs will be returning like Backlash, and No Mercy. But also some new names will be entering the fray as the Clash of Champions will be making it's return/debut to the big time after a 10 year hiatus. (That's a history lesson for a different day) An interesting note to mention this December there will be two PPVs one being of course TLC and the other being Roadblock. This means that Roadblock will become the first WWE PPV not named In Your House to run twice in one year which sounds interesting to me at least.
Also as I mentioned previously not only have WWE contacted a variety of veterans to return, but it's been said that 10-12 developmental stars will be called-up for the draft to help fill out the roster. I am aware of one or two of the names that will be a part of the draft on the developmental side, but I have no idea which veterans could make their return. I guess the best way to put it is we have to wait and see what happens come July 19 on Tuesday Night Smackdown.
Sharing my thoughts, opinion, and historical facts on everything WWE both past and present