Over the years I have found that some series have been somewhat staples of the site and others have been better as occasional asides from the normal. One of those series is the DVD Review series where I offer an overview on a wrestling DVD that I recently watch normally it is a DVD from Kayfabecommentaries.com but not always. This time though we go "Back to the Territories" specifically the Georgia territory with Jim Cornette & Bill "Masked Superstar" Eadie.
Things they focus on in the DVD:
- The wrestling war in Georgia with GCW & Ann Gunkel from 1972-1974
- Jim Barnett & his role in Georgia wrestling history
- The differences between Northern & Southern Wrestling
- The difference between a booker & a team of writers
- The Role of TBS in Georgia Championship Wrestling & how it helped wrestling
- Working with Andre The Giant, Anderson Family, Geto Mongol, George Scott, Thunderbolt Patterson & many many others.
- Black Saturday
- Jim Barnett's Departure and much more